I Think a Change is in order

I used to really focus on science fiction reading and writing on this blog and I am going to get back to that starting now. There is very little representation of black females in science fiction and it is really puzzling to me because the black women I know are living and striving in unreal conditions in reality on a daily basis. I think that Sanaa Lathan’s Character in Alien vs Predator speaks to the resilience of the fairer sex in stressful situations.

sanaa

That’s not a great picture but you get the idea. Now a lot of folks didn't really dig the movie but I did. I say, put a predator in anything and I’m there! I’m not really looking for reality when I watch a movie with a title like Alien Vs Predator but some people require more in their science fiction cache. Now for some inexplicable reason, every time there is a role for a black woman, Halle Berry or Zoe Saldana get the role.  Why are we under-utilizing Regina King, Nia Long, and a host of other black actresses? I’ll give you 3 guesses and the first 2 dont count. Do me a favor, when you get a chance, watch Sanaa in Alien Vs. Predator and tell what you think…

Later, and as always

Happy Karma!

Comments

Popular Posts