Playing Catch-Up

I keep meaning to blog here more regularly but I never get the chance to do so. Life keeps on moving and stopping to keep a record can be a task. Let’s see…I had a good Memorial Day weekend. It was four days long and I didn’t have to go back until the Tuesday after because of the work schedule I have. I love it. 9 hour days are nothing when you factor in getting every other Monday off, not to mention getting off work at 3:30pm everyday. Pretty sweet. And if your day off lands on a Holiday, because you actually earned the day off, you get the day after the holiday off. Really sweet! Anyway, I was supposed to get a lot of stuff done around the house, like cleaning out the closets and going through the storage unit on the patio but of course I opted to just have a great time with friends and family. I practiced barbecuing again and this time it came out MUCH better. My issue is patience I suppose because it took a heck of a lot longer to finish this last time than it ever had, but it was more evenly cooked than it has been in the past.
Anyway, Watson has a painting commission to start and finish by the end of July, in addition to his other projects, he’ll be pretty busy for June. I have finally started the process of consolidating my student loans and hopefully will have them all sewn up into one nice neat payment soon. Yep, I pay my debts, no matter what…
I am actually losing weight steadily and wearing clothes I couldn’t fit a month ago. I don’t want to talk much about it because I’m superstitious I suppose. I know how silly that is, I just want to continue to succeed and I don’t want to talk myself out of continuing to understand that it is a slow process if I want it to be a healthy process. I’m good at finding the motivation to exercise, my problem is not wanting to stretch for a long enough period of time and that can really be counter-productive when you think of how an injury can keep you off the track…I lost 2 inches! That makes a HUGE difference!
Myclette is doing AWESOME on her weight-loss journey. She looks wonderful and has lost a good amount of weight. I’m so freaking proud of her.
Everyday, I understand more and more that I have no needs unmet and I remember a time when I was ungrateful, self centered and selfish. I am not proud of the person I was. It was a short stint but a very ugly one. My life centered around an arrogant, greedy, lazy and selfish person, Me. That “me” then found another ARROGANT, greedy, lazy, self centered person to be with and ugh…gross is all I can say.
Anyway, I found some GREAT loc-maintenance videos on Youtube so I have been able to do everything to my locs all by my lonesome and they look gorgeous!. I think I need to put an updated photo up soon. The ones that are up now are at least a year of more old!.
Ava-bear is moving and grooving along and Jaionna-bear (my oldest God daughter) is getting ready for her 4th birthday. She is a beautiful, funny, fashion savvy burst of sunlight and happiness. As a matter of fact ALL of the children in my life are doing stellar and to see them smile is just…sigh…
Who knew one could have a nice, drama-free life once the drama was isolated and removed? I sure didn’t but here I am, enjoying a contented existence. The first step is always the hardest. You gotta find your part in it all and OWN it. Then you address YOUR OWN issues and leave other people to deal with their own stuff. That’s the simple truth.
DRAGON-CON is on the horizon!!!! I can see it! I got my plane ticket and my pass for the entire weekend and my besties from Arizona have the room! AWESOME! I am so freaking excited!
Oh well…gotta go, life is calling!
Karmically,
Us!

Comments

Popular Posts