Reconnect


I haven’t been about in a while. I want to say that so much has happened but I don’t know how true that is. I lost some weight, got a small raise and changed my mind about love almost entirely. A woman I consider the sister I never had, lost her brother to gun violence. I knew little of but I met him well before I ever laid eyes on her. Were it not for him, I never would have met one of the most important people in my life. He dated another close friend and because of that relationship we met his sister and became fast and lasting friends.  I don’t know why he was killed. There is precious little information regarding the incident as it stands but he left behind a wife, 3 children and a host of friends and extended family. My dear friend had not heard from him in 18 years. He simply vanished from her life and the lives of all of her friends at the time. He tried to make contact, to connect to everyone very recently before he passed. For a brief moment, my friend was linked again to her brother and it was meaningful to her. I’m so very sorry for her loss and I wish that I could do something important and meaningful to ease the pain and uncover the mystery of his passing.
I feel as though I have neglected my best connections out of selfishness, and maybe apathy. I'm ashamed of it. I know that I can not continue this. I have no right.

I know that I can be grateful for the connection he created between myself and my two very close and dear friends. I can cherish the relationships he helped to create and I can not continue to take for granted the people I am connected to in this life. 
 
That's all for now...
 

Comments

Popular Posts