A tiny update before I plug back into the grid...

Well again it has been forever since I spent any time on here whatsoever, but that is only because life got so eventful and things kept happening for the better and I kept feeling better and life kept getting better. I finished my Master's degree in English and believe it or not I have actually decided on a workable career while I become the next big thing in Sci-Fi/Fantasy Literature. I have been published twice in a literary magazine "Laurels", it's very small and no monetary gains came with the publication but exposure is worth much more for upstarts like myself. I sent short stories to 3 publications in the last 7 days and hope to get a nibble while I work on the next 3 queries.

Oh about that workable career, I will teach high school Literature and Language Arts after I take the content portion of the teacher certification exam at the end of August. Now I am currently seeking a job at a private school since no certification is required and they tend to love to hire people with Master's Degrees. Since I have a well working motor vehicle I can travel with little issue which makes me ecstatic in this wretched Texas heat.

About that teaching stint, wouldn't you know that the certification program I chose leaves the successful participant with a Master's degree in Education. How about that, I will have FOUR degrees, 2 undergrad and 2 grad and don't forget the PhD that will follow in a few years. What can I say, I love school and I love learning, hell I've learned so much in the last five years that I am hardly recognizable to some people anymore and let me tell you, it ain't a bad look friends.

About my newest character and in the time I have been away there are quite a few new characters--
she has found a secret through her job as a number cruncher in a local financial concern, she moves away from the chaos of said job to a quiet slow-paced hometown (I know, a little contrived at first but things open up quite nicely).
she is in her mid-to late thirties, is a sister, is middle management, and is over educated (ooohhh the similarities are eerie right???)

Anyway she is a delight and a disaster much like the Frost Poem actually---again another little parallel---LOL.

Okay kids, that's all for now,
Don't forget that Karma always collects what's due---no way to welsh on that bet friends.

Comments

Popular Posts