What's With

with all the crazy weather around here lately. I like to think that it has to do with the changes of the people affected, hopefully for the better. I wonder about where we might be going socially and politically in the Dirty South. I have a lot to keep me thinking we wont ever cease being a region run by fear, oil and good ole boys but the optimist in me wont let me go completely over the edge.

In other news, The Guthries will be here for New Years which is awesome. I miss my progressive, forward thinking friends. To be fair I have plenty progressive, forward thinking friends around me but they don't really share my spiritual point of view as well as the Guthries, Queen Guthrie in particular. So I can't wait. I still wanna visit Suzy-Q in California but I was just too busy and bogged down to orchestrate it this year. Between getting promoted at work (which came with a nice increase to say the least, not having to worry about money all the time eases a lot of stress), getting school straight for next semester, trying for a part time teaching gig at the local community college (I turned down that position with University of Phoenix after doing a bit of research on them. Yeah, no thanks!), travel took a huge back seat after my trip to Atlanta in September for Dragon-Con.
I need to get my annual trip to the Grand Canyon together for February and then there is the trip to Italy and of course Next year's Dragon Con to think about.
My finals are next week and then I will be free and clear until the middle of January. The private Catholic University I attend has a ton of activities planned for the holiday season and even though Christmas doesn't speak to me spiritually, I do love the decorations, the food, the symbology and of course the historical elements of the faith.
I'm happy and I deserve to be. So do you.
I'm still dealing in Karma of course and I try to keep it positive and only invite positivity into my space and let me tell you, I can't believe that it's only been 3 years since my life took a turn for the BETTER and I don't even remember the bitter, broken-hearted soul I was.
I remember when I said that my heart had been broken 3 years ago and I got laughter from the offending party and the partner in residence at the time for my trouble. Oh how I wished some heavy stuff on them and was miserable everyday thinking about how I wanted their lives to fail. I hate the person I was when I wished them ill. I can't even begin to think about how pathetic you have to be to wish someone bad because you feel bad. I really hope they are well and not just because I am. I hope they are well because we all deserve happiness, contentment and respect.
Although I have to say that I still have a hard time respecting women who pursue men in relationships even if they aren't married; I still find it desperate and despicable and if a women believes that a man she shares space with is fair game until a ring is on the finger is a different creature from me wholly. I mean I was living with him and supporting their conversations and instant messages at the time and getting over reading them messages about ME was hard to do but I did. I learned from that that women should practice more solidarity and respect for one another even if it means being alone until the relationship changes organically. I have to appreciate them for that because I really believe women owe one another something and I make it a point to practice this belief completely. Thanks for that folks, sincerely.
That ugly stuff is for sure water under the bridge and I am much better for the lessons learned from my sister females in pursuit of men.
Be kind, respect the space of others and above all, pay your debts.

Happy Karma
Us!

Comments

Popular Posts