Well into April

and I have yet to blog. It has been very busy and there have been some changes in the world since I last left my mark in cyberspace (well not including facebook which I am addicted too). Where should I start? Okay, well I have a new schedule at work and I love it so far. I work 9 hours per day for a week and 4 days, 8 hours for one day and then I am off every other Monday, now to be fair this schedule was already in place but now I get to come in earlier and so I am off everyday by 3:30pm. No traffic to complain about coming or going and it is delightful. I still like my job a lot and I am nearly 2 years in to it so that is a very good sign. School is good but I think I may need a breather and it seems that teachers are the new scapegoats of late. Sigh...we really seem to be the nation that doesnt give a hoot about education but loves big business and reality TV, how embarrassing for a nation this great to be this backwards about the basics.
We averted a shutdown for now and it's a good thing because who knows what a shutdown might have meant for the nation and of course me and my fellow federal workers.
OMG, Poetry! I took a poetry workshop and it has totally helped to develop my voice as a poet just as the creative writing workshop helped my short stories. I'm serious, it's crazy on the page over this way. LOL!
I lost a very close cousin to a long illness and the memorial service was lovely and appropriate for the mourners in attendance. Although I don't subscribe to heaven, I honestly believe she is in a better place and I love and miss her very much. Her life was celebrated as she would have wished...gobs of family and friends eating laughing and most of all playing cards (you couldnt touch her in a game of Spades) in tribute to her beautiful light. You should all be jealous you arent in my family...I know for a fact how lucky I am to be apart of this particular grouping of people.
Weight Watchers is going well. I finally found a groove and stopped half-assing it. The program is really awesome and easy as all get out (whatever that is). I will be attending Dragon Con this year (September)and can't wait. If I didnt have to fly there I would totally do the costume thing!
The Guthries are well and we had a great time with them in Arizona and the Grand Canyon (I am a winner for sure in the family and friends department. I mean it is crazy how good people can be and how they can enhance your life whether near or far).
Ponies B and C are doing well. Pony B is back from her graduate studies for good soon so the stable will be more...stable (heh heh). Oh, James Taylor in concert on the 22nd and then SADE in July! I know...its crazy awesome. Then it is off to Austin with Trista and Myclette in June for the Chocolate Trifecta yearly trip!
My locs are long and nicely maintained thanks to a new loctician and my health is stellar save the extra weight.
Ava-Bear is just as yummy and delicious as ever. She had the nerve to turn a year old and she has grown finally, what short little thing she is! We have discovered that she is NOT a fan of playground swings or outdoors activites in general which is hilarious to because she very clearly has preferences. Too much! LOL! Myclette and the rest of the Lavalais family are going great, she is doing the South Beach Diet and it looks like it is going awesome for her! I know the food looks great! LOL.
I'm still cooking up a storm and all the pics are on Facebook.
I don't remember the last time I had a shitty year in the last 3 and a half and that is including the fact that I start paying back my student loans this year (yeah that's right, I pay my debts no matter how steep), LOL. My savings is actually something to sing about now and I can't imagine how much more positive things could get but I know they will because I am actually working on my actual draft of the Soveriegn Chronicles, the Artist wants to see the first chapter by May 15.
Keep the positive, dump the negative and pay your debts...yeah, its that simple.
Karmically Yours
Us!

Comments

Popular Posts