The Heart of the Matter...

I was recently directed to a note written about me (I suppose it was supposed to function as a bit of an apology although there was no mention of responsibility or culpability on the part of the writer in particular). It was more or less a tighten up the affairs sort of note. I understood it for what it was. Loose ends. I know I don't want any ragged bits hanging about after I have crossed over into the mysterious shadow lands of the non-sentient.

I think a lot about what is on the other side of life.
  • Does our energy reconnect with the "star-stuff" from whence we evolved? Oh my but I do hope we rejoin our star stuff parents. If so then we will be here when it all truly changes or ceases and what a wonder we are then huh?
  • Are we a part of the swirling entropy that makes up our atmosphere? no less amazing but I'd rather travel to the outer reaches of the universe once I'm released from this mortal coil.
  • Maybe we don't go anywhere because what we were in these bodies is all there ever was/is. Surely not as fantastical as the previous two scenarios but still pretty amazing considering we actually did exist, at least for a time.
No matter which of these scenarios is our truth or if none of these is a truth at all, certainly we should try to impact this world while we exist in it.
  • I want my impact to be one that inspires others in some way. Well, in some positive way.
  • I certainly hope that I have not lived only to be a sore spot in history for someone.
  • I want to at least have earned the true forgiveness of anyone I have harmed or whose world was unpleasant because I ever occupied space in it.
  • I want most to be a force in hereafter. To be felt and to be relevant in some way. It can be physical or it can be other but I want it to BE, ya know?
I'm sure all of this has much to do with the people I love who are currently battling one bitch of a disease or another. I find them inspirational and strong and I hope so much to be like them in some small way when I am facing the great war of my life.  Well, it seems this post took a turn for the better. I didn't really have high hopes for it considering the initial topic but here we are...
Be good to the people around you. Give much, love much and be better than you were yesterday.

Later Taters!

Comments

Popular Posts