And Still, Happy New Year!

Okay so, the year is humming along. It already feels like it is moving too fast. I can’t believe how busy I have gotten since I decided to change my attitude about life more than a year and a half ago. First of all, there is just too much to do in a day so I need to really try to organize and utilize some time management skills or rather develop some decent ones. I have the info on the training trip to Cleveland (of all places) and I am really excited about it. I plan to go hiking and most importantly I plan to trace the literary steps of Langston Hughes! Exciting. Have I said exciting enough yet? I’m getting really comfortable with the new job and the training so far. I am starting to feel more confident with veteran’s needs and I really feel good about what I can accomplish for our service men and women (yes even a certain loser in particular). Anyway, I received a response from Callalou Literary Magazine about a scholarly paper I submitted, they rejected it BUT, they actually read it and provided detailed feedback! I couldn’t believe it! They discussed specific points I made and offered suggestions on how to improve my assertions through specific research and idea development. So COOL!


My friends and I have started a book/writing group yet again and my goal is to be more consistent in posting and discussing the given book/topics. This will be quite a challenge on top of the fact that cooking is still on a front burner as well (even though The Artist has recently started cooking and is amazing at it due to his great attention to detail).

I wont be able to travel to Nevada until the end of February because my training isn’t over in time for the President’s day holiday so I have to use a day of annual leave at the end of the month to make the trip which is actually a better idea. That way I will have the opportunity to take a breather between travels!

This Friday we have an event with the Museum of Fine Arts after hours that I am looking forward to. We also have to get things ready for the now annual Atlanta trip for Dragon-Con which I still have not posted pictures of here but heck if you wanna see them go to my Facebook page as it is wide open for all to see. No worries there is nothing skanky (well some of the people at The Con were kinda grody) on my page so the kiddies can check it out also.

Then there is the HUGE possibility of moving to Portland. I have friends there already, the art/creativitiy scene is perfect for us as well as the all natural sorta lifestyle we wanna get ever closer too. It doesn’t help that our friends in AZ are planning to move there also so…

Man! Still happy. Is content a better word? Maybe? Either way, the way we view ourselves and our options is indicative of the kind of life that will present itself to us. But hey, I’m just a rogue Pagan, trying to worship Nature and promote peace so what the heck do I know?

Be decent, be true, be brave, dump the cowards and promote good Karma by giving what owe to the world.

Karmically Yours,

ME!

Comments

Popular Posts