WELL, Today is my Friday,

So I will be at Dragon*Con in Atlanta on Thursday (it officially begins Friday morning actually) and I’m pretty excited. This year I am gonna really spend some time on the Apocalypse Rising Track because I don’t think there is anything more honest to a make-over than an down and dirty Apocalypse. I have said it before and I’ll say it again, I love a good do-over. The problem with do-overs is that people don’t always reflect on the collapse in a way that shows them their part in the whole mess. Sometimes people start again in the exact same way that caused things to fall apart. Those people are what you call gluttons for punishment. I don’t do Jesus really, I think he is a swell guy and a total bad-ass when it comes to men of conviction and prophets but the whole son of God thing I don’t need for my existence, for those who do, more power to you. What I do is severally explicable (I checked with a grammar nerd and she LOVED that phrasing) first of all I place my faith in myself, my ambition, my willingness to try and fail and then try again (hopefully in a new way) and fail again if need be to get the job done. I also place my faith in the people around me. I am thick enough to believe that people really do want themselves and the people around them to succeed. Example: People want to live in a clean area so they will keep their immediate area clean, their neighbor will see this and think “hey, I want my stuff to be clean too and maybe the elderly woman across the way wants her stuff clean—I’ll see if I can help her a little”. Then boom, clean neighborhood and safer neighborhood because I took a second to say howdy to the lady across the street when I rolled her trash-bins out of the drive after the sanitation truck snagged the contents. That’s it. That’s all. I know, it’s simple but shit, it has always been a better bet for me to look to myself and the people around me for help than waiting for some divine intervention from on high. Again, if that’s your bag, do your thang, I aint mad. I digress… I’ve been thinking of starting a story and I am certain that being with my nerd family will inspire me… “I remember the day I condemned the world and started my very own apocalypse” or something like that…yeah I am ready to GO!!! Don’t panic, I will post here while I am there so you won’t miss anything…whoever happens upon my middle of nowhere blog.
Karma Rocks and so do you and I!
Us!

Comments

Popular Posts