The Not-So-Young and the Vapid

I have recently made the acquaintance of a woman who I think is going out of her way to annoy me. I am a bit bookish--okay, a lot bookish and she constantly uses the word "nerd" as if it is a bad thing. On some of her ruder (is that a word?) days she amps things up with "big nerd" just so we all know that she is the streetwise school yard "toughie" in a way.
Today she asked me if I watch the "Real Housewives of Atlanta", I replied that I do not but I hear it was pretty entertaining, not my cup of tea but still I can see how they might be interesting to watch. She immediately launched into some convoluted diatribe about the show being like "real life".
Okay...maybe so but uhm, why should I care?
"Because everyone is watching it and talking about and all you can talk about it books but not everyone is reading books so you can't really talk to anyone"

Wow, I think to myself. Is this really what is going on with the late 20s early 30s crowd these days?
Man, I never felt so happy to be so out of touch. LOL
Be true to yourselves, it ain't easy but the pay is great! The bank of self awareness and confidence will be overflowing...
Karma's peeking in, hope you're decent
toodles noodles

Comments

Popular Posts